Ad

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Top 10 Comic Book Covers

Alright, we haven't had any comic related posts in a while. How about top comic book covers? Sound like a plan? Good 'cause that's what we're doing.




10) Transmetropolitan- Lust for Life

The first time I saw the cover for this trade I knew it was a series I had to read. And now Spider Jerusalem is pretty much my hero.

 9) Nth Man #1

I bought this comic when I was 8 years old because I was trying to figure out how he could spin that sword and not chop off his fucking arm. I'm 30 and still trying to figure that shit out. The sign of any great cover.


8) Punisher - Born

This cover is a trip. It's like something you'd see in a psychiatry presentation examining the inner workings of a deranged soldiers mind.


7) Superman - The Death of Superman

I've never been a huge Superman fan but I had to buy this when it came out. The impact of the death of an American icon was profound. Then of course like all comic book characters he was resurrected by the all powerful dollar.


 6) Wolverine #50

Have to give Marvel a lot of credit for this one. The cover is actually a faux file folder with claw marks.


5) Spider-Man #50

Maybe Marvel has something with the #50 and badass covers. This one is so iconic it was referenced in Spider-Man 2 as well as other comics.



 4) Spectre #0

Bought this comic, never read it, have no earthly clue what it's about. The cover kicks that much ass.



 3) Preacher #1

Just look at it! You know some wild shit is behind that cover.


2) Iron Man #128

Tony Stark all strung out and sporting some hobo chic clothing. It doesn't get any better than this.




1) Batman - The Dark Knight Returns

Simple and powerful. The stripped down image is very contrary to the contents inside which helped revolutionize Batman and comics as a whole.

1 comment:

  1. I like this web site after reading your post ,but give me more wanna information ,
    thank you for the good sharing all the world
    peoples,web hosting pakistan

    ReplyDelete